Coastal Companion Care is an independently owned and operated non-medical home care provider serving Southeast North Carolina since 2005. We are a State Licensed Home Care Agency through the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services. Our services range from personal care, companion care, transitional care, and sitter services. We provide personalized assistance and support with activities of daily living, companionship, preparing meals, light housekeeping and transportation ranging from doctor appointments, errands, dining, community involvement, and much more. Our services range from 3 hours per week to 24 hours a day, in the comfort of your own home.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Preventative Measures for our Clients and Caregivers
We hope that everyone is staying safe, taking precautions, finding peace and staying positive during these challenging times. Please rest assured that Coastal Companion Care has our Clients and Caregivers safety and best interests in mind at all times, you are all our top priority.
The Coastal Team is working around the clock to monitor this situation, establishing new processes and procedures, and consistently discussing preventative measures to help prevent the spread of the disease.
All of Coastal Companion Care’s caregivers have received specific training on Universal Precautions, following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) precautions for preventive measures. There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wear a cloth face covering to cover your nose and mouth
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick or a family member in your home is sick or showing symptoms of COVID-19.
- If you are sick or have any symptoms of fever, cough, or shortness of breath, contact the office immediately and do not go to work.
- If applicable, please assist your client with making sure their house is sanitary and assist cleaning countertops, door handles, etc…
- To the extent possible, please refrain from unnecessary transportation with your client.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes.
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Practice distancing (6 feet or more from others)
Locations We Serve
Southport, Oak Island, St. James, Bald Head Island, Leland, Ocean Isle Beach, Holden Beach, Sunset Beach, Shallotte and Calabash
New Hanover County
Wilmington, Porters Neck, Mayfaire/Landfall area, Ogden, Wrightsville Beach, Carolina Beach
Lake Waccamaw and Whiteville
Hampstead and Topsail